Monday, January 18, 2010

If I can keep my eyes open and my focus in tact I'll update you. Tom was declared ready to leave the hospital and ineligible to move to the hospital's therapy floor. Whoever evaluated him did not think he was strong enough to endure the regimen. That meant a move back to the nursing home at least until I can get things set up here for him. I arrived at the hospital about 9 this morning and waited throughout the day for first one, and then another, to come tell us where to step next. Finally we got away about 5:30 this afternoon--fortunately earlier than his initial admission. We ate a hamburger together and I came home. I don't mind telling you that I'm a little beat. You know you are tired when you can go to sleep on a two seater sofa with your head resting on a towel on a narrow, hard armrest.

Tom's strength has improved. When I got there this morning he was walking around the halls with the therapist--no walker, just the strap the therapist uses to steady him if needed. Unfor-
tunately, his confusion has increased and there are times it's difficult to know how to repond to him. I get impatient when he locks his mind around something and I can't make him understand. Last night I thought I was going to have to spend the night because he was set on coming home. About 8:30 he awoke from a nap and said that I needed to quit doing what I was doing. I aksed what he meant and he said I needed to come home and rest. I left in a hurry so he wouldn't change his mind.

Please pray with me that arrangements can be made quickly so that he can once again change his residence.

Blessings,
Pastor Margaret

No comments: