Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Quickie

Just a quick update for those of you who keep up with my Corinth trips. Today was the day for a treatment and Tom had a bad night. It was obvious when we got up that he could not make the trip and even more obvious that he could not stay here by himself. We had seen one of his neurologists yesterday and a new pill was prescribed for headaches. After reading the printed information this morning, I recognized several of the symptoms he was having. Bottom line: I called our son's house a little after eight, asked if Jake could come stay with Tom while I was gone and then called the neurology clinic, talked with the nurse and she said to stop the new medication and she would call me back after she talked to the doctor. I went on to Corinth by myself, much to the frustration of Tom. He is better tonight--more like himself and ready to go to Tommy's to celebrate Liz's birthday.

My counts dropped some, especially the hematacrit (sp?) so I had a shot to stimulate red cell growth, got my treatment, came home and took a nap. Hurry up and work, shot! I have finished making fudge frosting for the cake I baked last night and I'm almost ready to celebrate too. It was a beautiful day to drive and I missed having Tom along to enjoy the changes in the scenery. The fields that still had cotton needing to be picked ten days ago, were picked and the stalks cut to the ground. The pear trees still have color. What a wonderful fall this has been!

We are almost ready for dinner tomorrow, though I have a casserole to make, pies to bake and the table isn't quite ready. I'll make rolls if it takes less energy to make them than it would to run to the store and buy some. On the way home today I talked with Marty and Christopher and was reminded of lots of family Thanksgivings we have spent together and how much I miss all of us around the same table. I hope that each of you have the joy of family and friends around you and that you'll make good memories.

If you're interested, look for the first Advent meditation post on Saturday. It will be for Sunday, November 29. Til then, have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Blessings,
Pastor Margaret

No comments: