Saturday, July 12, 2008

Here's an update on the peas--none, nada, zero! We were at the Farmers' Market mid-morning and I noticed the welcome sight of beautiful, tasty, pink eye, purple hull peas being put through the automatic sheller. A man had brought them to be shelled. Bummer. Again, came the promise: "I'll have some Tuesday." Fat chance. I won't be here and I doubt if anyone else in my family would get up to be at the market at 5 a.m. when sales begin. Liz is bringing home lots of tomatoes from her trip to see her parents. I suggested to Tommy he might like to have my chili sauce recipe that is at its best when served as relish on those elusive peas. I wonder how it would be by itself--without the peas.

Still, I'm thankful for the bounty we do enjoy.

Blessings,
Pastor Margaret

No comments: