Thursday, March 08, 2012

CATCHING UP . . .

The SEC basketball tournament has begun; State plays next - may be too late for me to watch. This has always been one of our favorite times of the year.

Marty, Christopher and Colin came for a week and I was so glad to see them. They arrived a couple of days after I fell on my knee, so unfortunately, I had to sit a lot. She was a big help to me, helping me think through some things and making me see some things about myself that needed to be seen. While it is true that I have grieved the loss of Tom, I have also been grieving the loss of home and it has been difficult to let go of things, both tangible and intangible. I have a new resolve to "declutter" and get on with life as it is now. For me, the week was over too quickly!

Tomorrow I leave for Southeast Georgia to visit my cousin and family. It has been a while since I've been there and I'm really excited to get back to roots! On the way I am stopping to visit with a long time friend from elementary school and college. It going to be a fun trip!!

Monday was doctor day in Jackson--another long day, but the news made up for the length and discomfort of the day. The tumor marker has gone down a few points and the scan was stable. The only bad thing is that the protein level is high again so I was not able to get the infusion. Maybe next month. Other than stiff and creaky joints, I feel great!

Conversation with Meredith one day this week:
Mer: Where did you get these new stickers?
Me: My friend Peggy in California sent them for you.
Mer: (With surprised expression on her face), Does she speak English or California?
And you thought I talked funny! I assured her that Peggy does speak English!

I'll post again after I return next week. Remember, Lent is a time to refocus on Jesus. I'd love to know what new truths you learn during this special season.

Blessings,
Pastor Margaret

No comments: