Saturday, February 28, 2009

Yesterday we took our monthly trek to Corinth. If you have been a follower of this blog you know how much I love observing the changing seasons and how they compare to the seasons and events of our lives. As we started out yesterday I began to note the signs of Spring at the end of our driveway. Today is a different matter; pardon while I digress. We had a saying in Mississippi that I find just as true and just as often quoted here in West Tennessee: If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes and it will change. The weather man said it just this morning as he gave the winter weather warning in effect until tomorrow. He says we're expecting at least an inch of snow tonight----and by Friday it will be in the seventies. Back to Spring. The jonquils at the end of the drive were beginning to open and there were buds opening on fruit trees; a hint of green could be seen in the fields and evidence that planting is soon to be started. I noticed houses through the trees, houses that are usually hidden by dense green leaves. Soon they will be hidden again. This morning as I drove in from an errand I noticed tiny yellow flowers on the forsythia across the back, forsythia that until now looked dead. With each passing day, the signs of new birth are revealed more and more. There is no more appropriate visual for the preparation for the resurrection of our Lord!
The visit with the oncologist was as good as it could be is way Tom described it. I told him my concerns/complaints and those of my family--mainly the shortness of breath and the fatigue, both of which are common to the Doxil. He, again, suggested we could delay the treatment so that I might improve some and, again, I said, "No, let's forge ahead." The condition of my feet has improved, though my walking is still affected. My hands continue to be problematic, but have been greatly helped by a suggestion from friend John in California. The plan is that I will have scans in three weeks, see the doctor the next week, then plan from what he finds. We are hopeful because we trust ultimately in our God who is both powerful anf faithful! Please continue to pray with and for us.
Our God is great and greatly to be praised!
Blessings,
Pastor Margaret

No comments: