Monday, February 23, 2009

A modicum of energy returned Saturday, three weeks after my last treatment. I've been told that fatigue is one of the big side effects of the drug I'm taking, but three weeks down and one up is not exactly how I invisioned things. Still, I am plagued by extreme shortness of breath. Climbing a flight of stairs if a real chore. I remember my condition a little over two years ago when there wasn't enough oxygen in my blood. I don't know what is going on now, but I'll surely inquire when we see the oncologist this Friday. We'll also try to learn if there will be more treatments in this regimen and if so, how many.
Tom has been doing really well for about six weeks. Then, toward the end of last week his balance again became a problem and he talked to children who were not here. No meds have changed; his daily pattern has remained the same. I really don't know why he has taken this downhill turn. Getting out does him good which is one reason I try to have enough energy to take him out when the weather is nice. He has an appointment in a couple of weeks with the neurologist and we'll have questions ready for him.
Tomorrow is our daughter's birthday and we won't be with her to celebrate. I remember the weekend she was born as if it were yesterday. The first time I held her she looked at me as if she were asking, "Who in the world are you?" In the years since we have gotten to know one another and had some great times together. Still, I look at her and marvel at her talent, her caring heart and the woman she has become. She is a terrific mother--the kind I wish I had been. I can only be grateful for God's gifts to her! Christopher is one fortunate little boy! Tom and I are two fortunate parents.
This afternoon there was a "tap, tap, tap" on the back door and there stood Drew. He and Sarah were walking their dog Max, and had come for a visit. They love to play in our yard. What they don't know is how much we love to look up and see them standing on the back porch. The life we left to move here has been replaced with one that is full of family. Who could ask for anything more?
Thank you for reading; thank you for keeping us in your prayers. God is good all the time; all the time God is good.
Blessings,
Pastor Margaret

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello there, I found your blog by way of Google even as looking
for a comparable subject, your website got here up, it looks good.
I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.

Hello there, simply turned into aware of your weblog via Google, and found that
it is truly informative. I'm going to be careful for brussels. I'll appreciate if
you happen to continue this in future. Numerous folks might be benefited out of your
writing. Cheers!

Look at my web blog; rapid weightloss